Portland Torque Products has the best warranty when it comes to remanufactured transmissions, hands down!
PORTLAND TORQUE PRODUCTS LIMITED WARRANTY
Portland Torque Products issues this non-transferable limited warranty to the original purchases (as shown on the purchase receipt) of any transmission and torque converter that you purchase. We warrant the remanufactured transmission to be free from defects in material or workmanship, provided the transmission was properly installed and maintained during the specified warranty period. If the transmission fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the specified warranty period, Portland Torque products will repair, replace, or refund at Portland Torque Products discretion.
Warranty Period, whichever shall occur first:
-5 YEAR (60 Months)/ 100,000 miles-Passenger cars and light trucks up to 3/4 ton except motor hoes, taxi cabs, and emergency service vehicles.
-2 YEAR (24 Months)/ 24,000 miles-Trucks 1 ton and over, Class B and C motor homes.
-1 year (12 Months)/ 12,000 Miles- Class A motor homes, taxi cabs, and emergency service vehicles. Standard transmissions and transfer cases.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS TO COVERAGE:
The Limited Warranty shall not apply if the transmission is:
1. Not registered with Portland Torque Products within 30 days of installation.
2. Installed in any vehicle used for off-road use, racing, or having high performance modifications, or use as railroad service vehicles with high rail equipment.
3. Improper installation, including but not limited to, lack of proper lubrication, installation with a different valve body or torque converter other than those supplied with the transmission, installation in an application that was not intended by the original
4. Misuse, abuse, overheating or faliure of any kind due to defective equipment installed on the transmission.
5. Not serviced at recommended intervals, use of fluids not meeting the original manufacturer's specifications.
1. Freight charges after 45 days from the original date of purchase.
2. Labor charges after 1 year from the original date of purchase.
3. Compensation for loss of vehicle use, towing fees, inconvenience, lodging, rentals of replacement vehicles, loss of time, commercial loss, legal fees, or any other consequential loss.
4. Any extensions to the Limited Warranty beyond the described period from the date or mileage of the original installation of the transmission due to repairs or replacements.
5. Repairs or replacements otherwise covered if performed without prior authorization from Portlannd Torque Products, failure to return the defective transmission, failure to supply proper paperwork and documentation.
6. Parts and Labor cost that exceed allowed limits. Parts and Labro costs due to misdiagnosis.
7. Any costs incurred for replacement of any parts not related to the remanufactured transmission, such as sensors, cooling system components, or any maintenance-related item.
8. Any and all failures occuring outside of the 48 contiguous Sates of the USA.
9. No benefit, payments, repairs, replacements or remedies are available under this Limited Warranty while any payments from the customer due to Portland Torque Products remain outstanding.
Labor payout is based on Motor Factory Time at $50.00 per hour on approved claims. Our liability under this Limited Warranty is limited to the price of the defective remanufactured transmission at the time of purchase, and Portland Torque Products shall have no liability whatsoever for any consequential or special damages. This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made by Portland Torque Products with regards to the remanufactured transmission. The duration of any warranty implied by law, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, is limited to the duration of the express warranty. The foregoing warranties are exclusive, and in lieu of all other remedies. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, nor the exclusion or limiting of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary state to state.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS POLICY:
Written approval for repairs or replacements of remanufactured transmissions under the Limited Warranty must be obtained from Portland Torque Products prior to any work being performed. Any repairs or replacements performed without a Warranty Authorization Number will not be covered. We can be contacted via telephone toll free at:
Please have the following information available when contacting us:
1. Sales Invoice Number
2. Part number of the transmission.
3. Date and mileage at time of installation
4. Make, model, year, VIN, and current mileage of the vehicle
5. Description of the problem